Raising standards at St John's Catholic Primary School requires focus on what we do in the classroom. Continued and sustained improvement is dependent upon improving the quality of learning and teaching that is taking place on a daily basis.
At St John's, the expectation is that all pupils are provided with high quality learning experiences that lead to consistently high levels of pupil achievement.
We expect every teacher to be a good teacher – no child deserves less.
By adopting a whole school approach to teaching and learning across the school, we aim:
- To provide consistency of teaching and learning across the school
- To enable teachers to teach as effectively as possible
- To enable children to learn as well as possible
- To promote British Values
- To give children the skills they require to become more effective lifelong learners
- To provide an inclusive education for all children
- To learn from each other, through the adoption of a collaborative, enquiry based approach to teaching and learning, where good practice is shared
Our English policy gives details of our reading schemes as well as our approach to spelling and phonics. Please click here to view.
Our Math's Calulation policy provides information on the tools and approaches we use to teach maths in school. Please click here to view.
We use the IPC curriculum to develop learning in a broad range of subjects including science, humanities and technology using a cross curricular approach to the teaching. You will find more details below in the curriculum overview.
- Curriculum Overview - See individual class pages
At St John's we follow 'The Way, The Truth and the Life' Scheme for Religious Education.
Please click here for an overview of the RE Curriculum
Please see individual Class Pages for class newsletters, curriculum overviews and homelearning grids.